I had my coffee date at the French bakery/cafe Pauls. She was enthusiastic, playful but also constantly hitting me with the banter and challenges. As usually happens on my dates we found ourselves talking about Donald Trump. That’s great for frame crushing and it goes like this:
- European girl who knows little about politics or the US repeats standard anti-Trump position, based on ignorance and feelingz.
- Rather than agree, I make this my point of contention. Masculine boundary set and enforced.
- Commence lecture on why Trump is lied about, why he’s a threat to establishment, and why he is way way more intelligent than made out. It allows me to weave in history, geopolitics, media analysis, memes, and knowledge of sociosexuality.
- Girl usually resists a while but she knows her position is based on ignorance, so she submits.
- Intellectual mastery beatdown complete. I’ve now fractionated a ton of knowledge, intelligence and frame into the date to offset the dumbass bad boy side. Make Dates Great Again.
This was an intelligent girl and she knew what was going on. She wanted the Rub and she wanted to see what I was made of. Once the lecture was over she got up to pour a glass of water, giving it the catwalk model walk.
“I’m not sure if that walk was for everyone or just me, but thanks” I reply as she sits back down. “You have long legs. I like them.”
She made sure there was no opportunity for physical escalation in that bright cafe as she sat on the other side of the table so I limited myself to a couple of verbal spikes, a hand test, and eye contract. She got the message but wasn’t about to be rushed. Date finishes after ninety minutes.
Now let’s look at the post-coffee texts.
1. We had a short exchange of pings the evening of the coffee-date and two days later we are still messaging. Now the pings are based on reading. She’s engaging after the bubble burst. That means she had a good look at me on the date and decided to continue forwards. A good sign.
2. Offer rapport and a soft spike. Standard push-pull but not making a meal of it.
3. This would be “Truculent Cad” per Daygame Mastery texting guide.
4. She agreed but I don’t want it to be fizzy all the time so I stack forward with some normality.
5. She’d been to a pet shop. It’s all going very nicely now so I see no reason to do swirly twirly game. I try to keep the conversation interesting without using lots of words.
6. This is rather odd isn’t it. She wants to meet me but doesn’t want to come out and say it normally and directly such as “would you like to meet”. This smacks a little of bravado to hide an uncertainty. It’s a good sign that she is initiating the meet but I have to be a bit careful about the frame. Once you have frame, you don’t give it up.
7. So I decide to agree to meet but set a hoop. Girls like defiant men, not push-overs.
8. She’s bantering again but like the invite, I get the feeling it’s bravado rather than confidence.
9. A playful tease to spike. She shows up five minutes later.