Eddie and I were walking around Prague one afternoon, chasing skirt. I saw a very hot tall blonde glide past with a rather elegant walk. Right, I want that! Off I ran. The first words out of her mouth were:
“Are you one of those creepy guys?”
“You don’t know the half of it” I replied.
The next ten minutes chat were great fun because she was giving me way more banter than I’m used to nowadays. Most girls crumble under the mesmer beam and decide yes/no. This young lady wanted to play the game. Finally as I went for the close she fell silent looked me dead in the eyes for five seconds – waiting to see if I looked away or started babbling some kind of qualification. Then:
“How old are you?”
“So I’m jailbait for you?”
Another five seconds of the hard stare and she hands me her number. I went back to Eddie and said “I’ve never had that many shit tests in a row in years.” Let’s now pick it up from my very first Krauser Feeler Text.
1. This is many usual feeler for a girl who showed a willingness to banter in-set.
2. She does call back humour about my opener and also teases me because I’d told her only my grandmother calls me Nicholas, so she has to call me Nick.
3. So I return the banter and roll off. If she’d replied to make conversation I’d have kept going but she didn’t, so I preferred to protect the frame.
4. This is the Krauser Coffee Ping* paired with the Krauser Living The Dream ping, my usual first photo ping the next day. I deliberately do a lot of anti-DHVs now. They aren’t really DLVs, more like ironic humour.
5. This is a strongly encouraging reaction – she writes a lot, continues my thread, and invests. I’m starting to think this is a solid lead.
6. So I vacuum a little behind a tease, to dial down my energy. It’s all about frame.
7. She’s savvy. She wants to talk but wants the banter. Before scanning the next screenshot consider how you’d respond? You could easily be jumping through a hoop.
8. I respond with humour, reframe and another of those childish anti-DHVs. Does anyone know a good term for those? I’m stubbornly childish to fractionate off from my harder edge.
9. She covertly IOIs and stacks forwards. Good sign.
10. If in doubt, talk gleefully about man food. Daygame Mastery readers recognise this gambit.
11. Hmmmmm….. “I approve”. That could mean a few things, so I had to pause for thought. Fortunately there’s a default reply I have any time it looks like a woman is positioning herself as judge over me, which is…..
12. The Krauser Mum Text** and a stack forwards. Think what that accomplishes…. It neutralises her attempt to judge, reframes her as old and judgemental (which she doesn’t want to be), and continues the child/man fractionation. By stacking it then keeps things moving. An added advantage is if you miscalibrated and she wasn’t trying to judge, you’ve lost nothing.
13. She’s telling me she’s busy with friends all evening so rather than compete for her attention I roll off. I slip in another of my standard replies: the Krauser Rock n Roll Faint Praise***. I do this a lot when a girl tells me she’s done/doing something a bit square and boring.
14. It’s a good time to invite her on that first coffee date. Any longer risked stalling out. I would’ve done it earlier but the flow of chat and her circumstances made it a bit of a long shot and I didn’t want an early “no”.
15. This thumbs-up is “frame-controlling” according to Bodi when I do it on him. After that I just send a photo ping of Gaucho soup and meeting location.
That’s how I got her onto the first date without losing the frame and building some attraction and rapport in the messaging. Would you like to see the next round of texting?
* Yes, I’m joking. If Johnny Berba is gonna coin “Berba Stop” for approaching girls from the front, I’m putting Krauser in front of everything, including breathing and farting.
** Still joking
*** I promise not to flog this dead horse any longer.