Readers are well aware of my Tom Torero tribute post here. I enforced tight criteria in the comments section to ensure the pristine waters of remembrance were not muddied by discussion of the thornier issues the whole situation had raised. I found myself deleting approximately 20% of the comments for veering off-topic. Clearly, lots of people wanted to chew over the darker issues.
So, I will allow it on this thread. Feel free to go into “lessons learned” type issues relating to all things about Tom Torero’s pick-up career and it’s recent end. Topics I’ll explicitly allow include:
- Mental health risks of daygame and the player lifestyle;
- Adversarial selection in who gets into daygame;
- SJW / Alinsky attacks and cancel culture;
- Daygame as a business and a cultural phenomenon;
- How attitudes to daygame theory and practice impact lives;
- Inner game lessons.
I’ll allow other related topics that I haven’t listed but there are a few areas in which I advise you to tread very carefully indeed. I noticed lots of comments were disingenuous and intended only to show everyone what a Smart Boy the commenter is with his “hot take”. If that’s what’s motivating you, think twice before posting here. So, take care of the following:
- I will not allow any disrespect to Tom’s memory or life choices. You can constructively disagree with his decisions / theories / advice but only in tones of respect;
- No “he’s still alive” theories unless backed by hard evidence . Surface skaters running their mouths about things they haven’t thought through are not welcome. Before you even broach this topic, think through the implications of what would be necessary for this to be true (e.g. the amount of pain caused to loved ones, a faked funeral, a missing death certificate, new NI number and passport) versus all the alternative easier ways Tom could have gone under the radar had he so chosen;
- Nothing more about Anthony Hustle’s monetization schemes. He appears to have been run out of town so- unless he makes a comeback- I consider this topic closed;
- No anti-player or anti-daygamer bravado. If you are against this stuff, you’re on the wrong blog. Stick to boning your fat ugly wife and working your cubicle job.
This post is intended to be somewhere that well-meaning members of the daygame community can help each other make sense of this tragedy and learn what lessons we can from it. It’s not a place for Smart Boys to posture with “I told you so!” nonsense.
 Extremely unlikely indeed but I’ll at least allow the logical possibility