I’m sure the entire daygame world is on tenterhooks waiting to see what’s inside Daygame Infinite . I’ve been playing it fairly close to my chest for a few reasons, my extreme
arrogance paranoia notwithstanding. Regular readers know I like to under-promise and over-deliver on my products  and I also like to take my time meticulously polishing them until ready.
I was recently watching one of Vox Day’s periscopes and he broke it all down nicely, explaining how different people conceive of “success” in different ways. I’m too lazy to go back to his podcast, but he listed potential motivations for why people write and thus what would constitute success for them. For example:
- To get on the New York Times bestseller list
- To make a big pot of money
- To get invited on speaking tours and lecture circuit as an expert
- To get reviewed in certain high-brow magazines
- To settle scores with rivals
- To achieve something of quality that stands the test of time.
There are many motivations. I realised my main motivation is posterity. I want to leave my mark on my little corner of the world, producing the very best material there is while I still have the motivation to put in the work necessary to do so . Obviously I’m not much motivated by money or else I’d be rushing out shit to sell to fools, and I’d put way more effort into my marketing efforts . Perhaps next year I’ll become a PUA whore selling nonsense e-books to no-hoper idiots, but at least until the end of this year I’m more interested in writing for the knowledgeable crowd.
So, long pre-amble over, how is Daygame Infinite coming on, you ask?
Well, I’m glad you asked sonny-Jim. Let’s see, shall we…….
The book is done. Like, properly done. I just sent a list of typos / layout imperfections to my graphic designer to process and after that I could release it as is. But I won’t. Why? Well, two things:
- I’m having technical issues with the publisher’s software accepting my PDF upload. We’ve been on to technical support for a couple of weeks now and they’ve essentially given up in frustration. They layout is so complex it’s giving the conversion software a meltdown, even though tech support say it’s a compliant file. So, while trying to get Lulu to take the file, I’m also trialling alternate publishers. I’m optimistic, but this book won’t be released until I’ve had a paper copy in my hands that I’m satisfied with.
- Given the delay in publication, I’ve decided to add some extra commentary to the WhatsApp chats used in the book. to squeeze in a bit more content. This is a pretty quick job to fit them in, probably less than a week, so can run concurrently with the efforts to fix the printing issue.
But yeah, the book is done. I’m travelling all through November so the earliest it’ll be released is end of November because that’s the earliest I can possibly get my hands on a paper copy test print. I’m not deliberately delaying the release. If that test print is good, I’ll release it to the public within hours of checking it 
 Or at least the coaches wondering what material they’ll be rehashing for the next few years
 Literally the opposite of most PUA blowhards
 Believe me, I’m rapidly losing interest. If Daygame Infinite wasn’t written in 2017 it would never be written at all
 Money tip: spend 90% of your time producing polished marketing and 10% rushing out substandard products. You’ll make way more money than doing it the other way around, like I do.
 But if the test print has bad errors, it’s another week or two to fix them and get a new test print.
In other news, I’ve returned to working on volume three of the memoir. It’s current sitting at 79k words, of which I’ve rewritten the first 20k recently. My plan is to chip away at the rewrite until all 79k words of the first draft have been replaced with a (far superior) second draft. Then I’ll reflect on where it’s at, and how long it is, before doing another pass to add in new stories and additional themes. I’d like it to finish up between 120-160k words so that it matches up with the other three volumes. Don’t expect to hear much before 2018 unless I get a sudden rush of enthusiasm to write. I’m enjoying it but there’s no money in the memoir so I’m writing only when I feel like it.