The Daygame Blueprint
May 31, 2011 5 Comments
This weekend I had the privilege of working at the Woodstock of daygame. For three days most of the top London guys were herded together for one event to go end-to-end through the Yad/Yosha daygame model. A nice swanky hotel, fifty students, expensive camera kit – the full David D-esque superconference experience. Yad had called me up to help out on the infield and by the last day I ended up doing an impromptu half hour lecture on text game.
A fantastic experience. Great material, great guys.
This isn’t a review because the DVDs aren’t out yet but unlike other “super conferences” that are mostly muppets upselling bullshit products, these were real guys delivering real material: Yad, Yosha, Torero, Alex Love, Sasha, Tomcat.
I made about six pages of notes. I was picking out little nuggets here and there. Sometimes one of the guys would have a turn of phrase that elegantly encapsulated an idea, or some tiny adjustment I hadn’t thought of. The general model was familiar ground to me (but would be gold dust to a newcomer). I’m not gonna rip off their material here, just point out a couple of cool insights:
- Attraction is built on raw unfiltered expression
- Not being yourself creates inhibitions and doubts from the beginning, by denying your expression
- If you wake up one day and your energy is amazing, don’t waste it. Go find a girl
- The masculine vibe must overpower the feminine for attraction to happen
- When you exchange numbers, make sure she’s putting a character into her phone, not a random guy
- The answers are not in your memory, they are right in front of you
- No one cares when a stranger talks about themselves. You are that stranger.
- A high value girl is happy to give you two minutes of nothing as a test. It’s great. Don’t be thrown off.
I might talk about a concept or two in more details later.